- ∞ No existing events in sight
- Dr. Ingrid Semaan awarded Student Group Faculty Advisor of the Year for the Stamford Campus
Dr. Semaan, the Director of Women’s Studies in Stamford published two articles, one in Women’s Studies Quarterly and a second in Violence Against Women. Continue »
- Vanessa Lovelace wins “3 Minute Thesis’ Competition
Vanessa Lovelace’s dissertation project, “Genealogies of Liberty: An Embodied Black Freedom Trail ” has won the University wide ”3 Minute Thesis Competition.” Continue »
Faculty and students in the WGSS Program explore the construction of women, gender, and sexuality in different social, cultural, political, economic, aesthetic, and historical contexts by combining methods and insights of traditional academic disciplines with innovations in interdisciplinary feminist scholarship.
The mission of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Connecticut
- to transform scholarship in existing academic disciplines by incorporating the study, contributions, and feminist analysis of gender and sexuality;
- to create a new body of interdisciplinary feminist research and teaching that concentrates on women, gender, sexuality; and
- to build a supportive and critical scholarly community that advances our understanding of the construction, reproduction, and resistance to inequality.