- Dr. Manisha Desai’s 2011-’12 Accomplishments
Manisha spent 2011 in Gujarat, India on a Fulbright Hays Faculty Research Abroad Fellowship studying three protest movements against what has come to be called “development by dispossession.” Continue »
- Dr. Barbara Gurr recognized for excellence in teaching
In 2014 Dr. Barbara Gurr was recognized for excellence in teaching by the University of Connecticut. Continue »
Faculty and students in the WGSS Program explore the construction of women, gender, and sexuality in different social, cultural, political, economic, aesthetic, and historical contexts by combining methods and insights of traditional academic disciplines with innovations in interdisciplinary feminist scholarship.
The mission of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Connecticut
- to transform scholarship in existing academic disciplines by incorporating the study, contributions, and feminist analysis of gender and sexuality;
- to create a new body of interdisciplinary feminist research and teaching that concentrates on women, gender, sexuality; and
- to build a supportive and critical scholarly community that advances our understanding of the construction, reproduction, and resistance to inequality.