- Dr. Manisha Desai’s 2011-’12 Accomplishments
Manisha spent 2011 in Gujarat, India on a Fulbright Hays Faculty Research Abroad Fellowship studying three protest movements against what has come to be called “development by dispossession.” Continue »
- Dr. Manisha Desai participates in 58th Annual Commission on Status of Women of the UN NGO Forum
Dr. Manisha Desai, member of the International Committee of the Sociologists for Women in Society, participated in the parallel event organized for the 58th Annual Commission on Status of Women of the United Nations Non-Government Organization (NGO) Forum organized in NY from March 10-21, 2014. Continue »
Faculty and students in the WGSS Program explore the construction of women, gender, and sexuality in different social, cultural, political, economic, aesthetic, and historical contexts by combining methods and insights of traditional academic disciplines with innovations in interdisciplinary feminist scholarship.
The mission of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Connecticut
- to transform scholarship in existing academic disciplines by incorporating the study, contributions, and feminist analysis of gender and sexuality;
- to create a new body of interdisciplinary feminist research and teaching that concentrates on women, gender, sexuality; and
- to build a supportive and critical scholarly community that advances our understanding of the construction, reproduction, and resistance to inequality.